GPS Tracking App for Police to Track Ambulances Carrying COVID-19 Patients for Ensuring Safe Distancing
“GPS Tracking App for Police to Track Ambulances Carrying COVID-19 Patients for Ensuring Safe Distancing”
The outbreak of the SARS-CoV-2 virus has created panic amongst several people.
Over the past few days, we have witnessed a sudden spike in the active cases, thanks to the leniency of people, reopening of schools, and restarting of Mumbai local trains.
The virus spreads quickly by the droplets coming out from the nose and mouth of the infected person.
In such scenarios, proper quarantine and monitoring of already infected people become crucial to curb the virus spread. Many patients need to be transferred to different locations by ambulances.
Monitoring of these ambulances by the traffic police ensures safe distancing with the faster movement of the vehicle inside the city. The real-time global positioning system-based vehicle tracking app is helping the traffic police to recognize the ambulances carrying the COVID-19 patients and assure their distancing from the public.
The GPS tracking technology for vehicles has gained popularity since the launch of the online taxi or cab booking system of Ola, Uber, etc.
GPS technology is an inseparable part of many businesses and is used to track both commercial and personal types of transport. It helps to track many important features like the vehicle’s real-time location, driver’s habits and patterns, geo entry and exits, fuel monitoring, Panic button (SOS alerts), trip details shared with family, and many more.
In this pandemic situation, GPS monitoring system has been a boon to many. This technology has the potential to be tweaked to help the hospitals and traffic police to monitor the flow of the ambulances carrying COVID-19 patients in the towns and cities.
With the lockdown been relaxed and life turning to normalcy, the frequent traffic jams have become common again and are inevitable especially in the metros like Bengaluru, Mumbai, Pune, New Delhi, Chennai, etc.
Due to traffic congestion, transporting COVID-19 patients between different locations fast could be a challenge. The location information of the ambulance carrying COVID-19 patients can be useful for the traffic police to clear the congested area so that the ambulances can reach the destination and help in faster relocation of the patients.
Even after sanitization, the ambulances carrying COVID-19 emergencies may have traces of the virus on the interior as well as exterior surfaces of the vehicle.
The new England Journal of medicine claimed that the virus can survive on plastic, stainless steel, and glass for more than 2-3 days. They also mentioned that the virus droplets can survive in the air for up to 3 hrs if someone has coughed out in the air.
Hence, adhering to safety measures is crucial.
An android app has been developed to achieve this purpose which can be installed in the mobile phones of the driver of the ambulance as well as the traffic police.
This app provides real-time location tracking of the ambulances carrying COVID-19 patients. The in-built GPS of the app pinpoints the location of the device and uploads the location coordinates to the real-time database.
Many APIs and Google services are used by the app to achieve this objective.
UniGPS fleet tracking system has been playing an imperative role to save lives in this pandemic situation.
Through its intelligent routing system, it helps the emergency medical services to provide the crucial pre-hospitalization treatment on time hence saving valuable lives.
UniGPS Solutions Ambulance Tracking Features-
- Choose the Nearest Ambulance: Here you can find the nearest Ambulance and Admin can assign an Ambulance that is nearest to the patient’s location of emergency by using on-demand Intelligent routing in uniGPS Fleet Management System.
- Trip Report -Send Real-Time SMS Alerts and Data to Hospital staff: Trip Report will provide the complete information about over speeding, stoppages, route history notifications through SMS and email in real-time and also the system will generate the whole day report, through this easily you can take action and decision about the driver.
- Panic Button-SOS & alerts: When the SOS button is pressed, the device automatically sends a text message and alerts to managers or admins mobile. So that admin can communicate with the driver quickly and can take immediate action.
- Multiple Admin Access facility
- Trip Share to end patient’s family anxiety through URL link for live tracking by email/SMS (Just like OLA/UBER)
- Analytical reports
- Ignition On / Off reports
- Trip Recording and Replay
- The geofencing facility at start and destination locations
- On-Demand reports (downloadable in CSV format)